IDEE is also able to offer assistance missions to start-up operation assistance missions or technology transfer thanks to a large network of experienced production technicians and engineers able to intervene for " flash & short " missions or of longer durations.
VORTEX : IDEE software for water quality management
Towards an innovative production management
• Since 2005, IDEE has used the measurement of redox potential (= redox or ORP) as an indicator of water quality
• The improvements obtained in aquaculture have made it possible to progress in the understanding and use of Redox in relation to pH, salinity and temperature.
• These improvements could only be obtained gradually and based on observations from several sites.
It was necessary to progress in parallel with:
• Measurement protocols
• Measuring devices, appropriate probes
• Data interpretation: definition of correct values and risk areas
• The pH ~ measure of proton activity (H +)
• Redox ~ measure of electron activity (e-)
From now on, a water quality is defined according to its coordinates (pH / Y / Mh).
Y and Mh are calculated from measurements of Redox, pH, Temperature and Salinity.
• The culture water must be positioned correctly in relation to these 3 parameters (3-dimensional target pH / Y / Mh) in order to correspond to the best physiological comfort of the species considered.
• The culture management is gradually adapted to maintain the water quality in the favorable zone.
An innovative approach to management
• Software for interpreting ORP data and helping farm management has been developed internally: Vortex
• A software in perpetual development and improvement, it is now in its third version, IDEE is currently working on the fourth.
• The projection of each measurement on a 3D target (Y / pH / Mh) allows efficient management of each farming batch (Redox control).
• Evaluate on a daily basis the movement of each farming batch on the Vortex target and adjust the farm management accordingly
• Understand the effects:
•technical interventions (flow rate, feeding, filtration, aeration, hydraulic operation, inputs, etc.) -> BETTER MANAGE THE AQUACULTURE CONTROL TOOLS
• biological phenomena (drop in temperature, wind, salinity, phyto-plankton bloom, etc.) -> ANTICIPATE
11 years of redox measurements
• Numerous measurements, on a wide variety of species:
• Oyster ~ 5,000 data (Hatchery / Nursery)
• Shrimp ~ 200,000 grow-out data + 30,000 Hatchery data (Hatchery / Nursery and Pre-growing)
• Sea bream ~ 3,500 data (Hatchery / Nursery)
• Sea bass, meagre ~ 7,500 data (Hatchery / Nursery)
• Salmon ~ 2,500 data (Grow-out)
• Trout ~ 1,500 data (hatchery/ Grow-out)
• Barramundi, grouper ~ 200 data (Hatchery / Grow-out)
• Turbot ~ 1,500 data (Hatchery / Grow-out)
• Sturgeon ~ 800 data
• Algae ~ 800 data
• Aquariology ~ 200 data
On a permanent basis, around 150 to 200 Redox measurements are carried out every day on all aquaculture farms using Vortex (around 60,000 measurements per year).
Work on a wide range of conditions:
• Round and flat fish / shrimps / shellfish / Algae
• Fresh water / sea water / brackish water
• Tropical regions / Temperate regions
• Extensive / intensive culture
• Hatchery / Pre-growing/ Grow-out
• Qualified staff
• Implementation of rigorous measurement protocol
• Organization for the monitoring and the recording of data and their analysis into the Vortex software.